Monday, March 24, 2008

stupid blogs

i thought it would be a good idea to shop around on different blog hosting sites, just to make sure I was getting a "good deal," and something occured to me - its just a blog. plus, blogger is pretty dang easy to use. so everyone, the address changed. sorry.

quick update:

due to the fact that my cell phone took a free fall from the Batman ride at Six Flags Over Texas on Saturday, I will be out of communications until my phone arrives in the mail - thats right, they found the beast and are mailing it to me as I type. Give me a few days and I can call all you people who have been dialing and dialing...

keep jessica and I in prayer - we are looking at some transition. the Lord has made it evident that we need to move. nothing major, just a new place that will save us some coin. we have some options on the table, but we need some serious clarity.

also, pray for me. as our marriage progresses and I become more aware of the role I am to play, I am taking on more and more responsibility for the direction our life takes. it is such a blessing. I started to see how my laziness and apathy drove our relationship down some lonely roads. thankfully, this awareness, as unpleasant as it could be, broke down some tremendous walls spiritually, even walls that were built around my heart and will. I started to get little tastes of what life could be like if I started living it intentionally - rejoicing in the gospel daily. it was a taste that I did not want to deprive myself of. i was reading this evening and came across a scripture that just works:

Luke 12:32
"Fear not little flock, for it is your fathers good pleasure to give you the Kingdom"
(emphasis mine)
listen to what that says. this scripture is explicity saying that Christ receives pleasure when he gives us morsels of the kingdom. read that section thoroughly and you will also find the context of how this verse plays out. but listen, if we, with a whole heart, choose to dwell on the gospel, focusing on how it changes our hearts, desires, motivations - who is to say that christ will not impart to us flavors of the kingdom, tastes of future riches, sensations of what lies beyond the gate?
i love you guys.

3 comments:

Mikey said...

Clay - You and your marriage are in my prayers. I am fighting through a similar time, and have been for some time, and I appreciate reading your comments on our role as husbands. I always tried to catch you at my aunt's house when I was in town, but it never happened. Hope all is well - Mikey Waters

clay hooten said...

Mike,

Very good to hear from you. It has been ages. Thank you for the prayers - it is such a wonderful journey being married and trying to follow the Lord in all things. I have learned so much about myself and more over, the person of Jesus - all through marriage. Lets talk soon.

Rachel said...

i just love you and your insight into life. You two are always in my prayers. Love you love that you are blogging love your sweet wife and I hope my momma can help you find a sweet cheaper place! hehe