Thursday, April 24, 2008

mountain bikes...revisited

alrighty gang. the bike situation has changed a bit. we actually got bikes last night. I actually put mine on layaway, and when the bike that jess wants gets to the shop, we will likely put that one on hold as well. needless to say, buying two high quality mountain bikes at once is a task - hence layaway. we are absolutely excited about getting on some trails and enjoying being Gods creation together.
the 2008 GT Avalanche 3.0
amazing. I cannot wait to start riding.

* * * * * * * * *

jess got the same bike, save for the fact it is the girl version, slightly different in color and smaller.

on a different note, I just want to take a second and put something out there. it is from a blog that I read daily called "Of First Importance" If you are a believer in christ, listen to these words from Dr. Timothy Keller and I will leave on that note.

Gospel humility and confidence

“The Christian gospel is that I am so flawed that Jesus had to died for me, yet I am so loved and valued that Jesus was glad to die for me. This leads to deep humility and deep confidence at the same time. It undermines both swaggering and sniveling. I cannot feel superior to anyone, and yet I have nothing to prove to anyone. I do not think more of myself nor less of myself. Instead, I think of myself less.”

- Timothy Keller, The Reason For God (New York, NY: Dutton, 2008), 181.




No comments: