Tuesday, April 8, 2008

2008 Dallas International Car Show

Many of you know, I am quite the car guy. I love cars. I like learning about cars. I like talking about cars. I love driving cars. Now, all this to say, if the Lord were to bless me financially, I sincerely doubt that I would run off and buy an Aston Martin - the weight would be too much to bear. At any rate, I have the affection for all things autosport design and technology.
Whenever the Dallas International Auto Show is in full swing, I always make an attempt to get out there - this was my fourth year. It is always a fun morning and afternoon. Please enjoy some photos...

Like last year, Toyota was hosting the Toyota Off Road Adventure - it gives everyone the opportunity to drive all of the new Toyota trucks on a pretty challenging off road course. This picture shows Blue Sky Hill. It doesn't look that steep, but 25 degrees up shows you only sky, no road, at all.

The Aston Martin DBS.
V-12. 510 horsepower. All in the best looking exterior I can imagine. This exhibit was
beautiful, and crawling with many "prospective buyers."
Right.

The Audi R8. This car debuted at the 2007 Dallas International Auto show, so seeing it last year was awesome - it was one of the sharpest vehicles on display, people were swarming it. This year however, people were not swarming the Audi, they were gathering around something different...















The 2009 Nissan GT-R
This is car that in my opinion, was the center of all the buzz. It really was one of the only cars that I could not leave without seeing. It is the long awaited, long anticipated response and successor to the Nissan Skyline GT-R - an icon in automotive history. Many of the design cues were taken directly from the Skyline - it paid off. With gorgeous looks comes quite the performance.
3.8L Twin Turbo V6, 480 bhp. All Wheel Drive. I can leave the rest of the specs up to Nissan. Get over to www.gtrnissan.com if you are interested.
For a mere $70,000, you can own one of these bad boys.

Overall, the afternoon was great. This weekend ushered in the Spring and Summer weather in grand fashion - I can hardly wait for the long, hot days, golf, grilling, laying out by the pool with my beautiful bride. I feel more myself during this time of year. I dont know if it is the weather, the trees, the grass or something else, but when the plants and earth come alive again after a long reprieve, I feel as if I am awakening again myself.

* * * * *
I want to leave you with something that was presented to me this morning on my drive into work.
Preface: I have given up morning radio for sermons. Trying to keep my mind and soul trained on the gospel takes effort, and beginning the day with garbage morning radio was instantly setting my mind in the trash can. So, I have replaced those messages with messages of truth - Gods word.

Well this morning, the subject of the sermon was more or less, false teaching. It was a weighty sermon. I will leave you with one verse, because it has been ringing in my mind today.

2 Peter 2:1

1But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

Its startling to think about false teaching and how similar it can look to the truth. I pray that my spirit can be quickened to know the difference. Love you guys.

No comments: